Old June 26th 18, 02:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Bacteria in spaeships

In article ,
says...

Le 25/06/2018 à 13:17, Jeff Findley a écrit*:
Not near vacuum. Try again.

Obviously, bacterias that thrive in human-friendly environment won't
thrive on Mars surface.

Obviously.

But we can't know that some bacterias on earth
might be able to adapt to Mars and thrive in/below the sand.

Again, how about an example. Still waiting...

Earth Bacteria Survive a 553-Day Space Exposure on the Exterior of the ISS.
https://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...e-exterior-iss

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11913418
Physical dosimetric evaluations in the Apollo 16 microbial response
experiment.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ismej201146
Exposure of phototrophs to 548 days in low Earth orbit: microbial
selection pressures in outer space and on early earth

Bacteria survive an hypervelocity impact:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...387?via%3Dihub
Survivability of Bacteria in Hypervelocity Impact
From the abstract:
...bacteria can survive a hypervelocity impact and subsequently grow.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982208008051
Tardigrades survive exposure to space in low Earth orbit
Tardigrades are water bears. They survive space conditions.

Enough?

I could go on...

I call bull****.

You're the one who used the word "thrive". These are *not* examples of
bacteria thriving under something close to Mars conditions. These are
examples of them surviving exposure to vacuum, but they weren't growing,
weren't reproducing, and etc. They were essentially dormant.

Jeff