Old February 6th 11, 10:10 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Newshound

Default Horizon "moon" programme

Read a good book instead of the modern junk and especially those works
which exist before Newton's toxic strain of empiricism -

http://books.google.com/books?id=RyB...page&q&f=false

That was written in 1666 when men could actually discuss things and
think things through by themselves and that type of empiricism where
there were interpretative buffers between experiment and
experience,for instance,these guys use analogies to explain the tides
but do not impose the analogies directly to planetary dynamics whereas
Isaac distorted things to make it appear that analogies shade off into
'Universal laws'.Pity,he ruined a perfectly good approach to the links
between terrestrial effects and astronomical causes.

A fascinating read, thanks! It's making my brain hurt tonight, but I will
try again later