Old August 15th 18, 12:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Discussion on sci.space.science

In article , says...

On 8/14/2018 12:25 AM, David Spain wrote:
Not a good time for pie in the sky with me.

Dave

It doesn't help that on every clear night this month I can look up in
the east and see Mars, shining right back at me. It seems more remote
than ever. I hope Musk is successful. I hope it's not a graviational
death trap. Somebody should tell NASA it'd be better to know instead of
relying on hope and faith.

We could test this by connecting a tether between a BFS and a BFS tanker
and spin them in LEO for a year or so. This would test out long term
life support, power, propulsion, and other systems while also serving as
a Mars gravity test.

Or we just go and see how people actually react to Mars gravity. My
guess is that Musk would choose this option.

Jeff