Old November 21st 14, 08:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jan Philips[_2_]

Default Grissom splashdown on TV?

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:45:06 -0500, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:

Some comments made around here about Kranz's autobiography described it as a
bunch of folks sitting around with a 6-pack of beer reminiscing.
A fun read, but not the most technically accurate. I suspect his (like
pretty much most people's memories) memories area bit conflated.

This was on an interview on TV, not a book. But you are right. Often
people see something on TV and later think they saw it live. I have a
cousin who thinks they saw the JFK assassination live on TV. And it
is documented that many people who think that they were in Dealy Plaza
at the time were not actually there.