Old August 1st 03, 09:34 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Default simulators

In article ,
Steve wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:43:40 -0500, "Rick Pellicciotti"
wrote:

"Carlos" wrote in message
can u list some good space "simulator" for PC ...No arcade

and some space shuttle simulator

thank you.

At last! A question on this newsgroup that I know the answer.

LOL! I was thinking the same :-)

http://www.orbitersim.com

It's free too!

And worth every penny! Hmm, that didn't sound right :-)

Ahh, alas: it appears we have slashdotted the server . . . too bad I
haven't downloaded the latest patch yet.

(But I did get my WinXP Pro box at home to snap to it and stop randomly
dropping dead in its tracks - turns out I had an Epson printer status
monitor service running which which has been locking the whole system up
tighter than a bank vault. Gotta love it when one inoccuous "helper"
process can so easily kill your box.

Note to OM and other *nix bashers: when this happens on certain OTHER
operating systems (*cough* Linux *cough* Darwin/OS X *cough*), you can
just ssh over to the box, kill the offending process and you're back in
business. Windows Terminal Services leaves much to be desired in this
regard . . . :-P )

--
Herb Schaltegger, Esq.
Chief Counsel, Human O-Ring Society