Old February 17th 04, 10:09 PM
Andrew Gray

Default X-43A flight delayed.

In article , jeff findley wrote:
Herb Schaltegger

lid writes:
The fact that the NASA PA PR machine hypes it as
something else is hardly surprising, is it?

Surely this is the problem. I just wonder if the guys actually
working on the program believe the PR or if they laugh as much as I do
when they read the press releases for their own program. :-O

Oh, if you can't laugh at your own press releases then there's just no
hope left...

(my favourite memory of writing press releases was us carefully crafting
something appropriate for the Returning Officer to say in one, only to
have her point out that a) she was there and b) she hadn't said any of
it. We got her to read it to us...)

--
-Andrew Gray