Old November 28th 18, 03:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Here it is: the real impact of global warming

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 5:20:11 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 9:37:39 PM UTC-7, Quadibloc wrote:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...for-deception/

If, therefore, it is that particular fellow from Australia you're using
as a source, it shows that you're allowing yourself to be fooled.

I never heard of him. I did my own study using modtran.

Uh oh.

Who do you want to believe: people who know what they're talking about,
and are widely recognized as such, or the people who say what you want
to hear?

When there is a controversy I try to find out the truth for myself.
I trust modtran because it has been used by many, many professionals
who depend upon its predictions. The author agrees that:

I trust modtran too. However, I trust modtran to do what it is designed to do.
If someone in Australia can put the wrong numbers in, and get a wrong answer out
as a result... well, then, it just has the same basic limitation as most
computer codes. It calculates based on what it is given, it is a computer
program, not a person who can think for himself.

So I don't trust the answers you got from modtran not because I think it did its
arithmetic wrong, but because I really have no reason to be confident in your
work on a question like that.

John Savard