Old September 27th 15, 02:42 AM
81235cbe990d7593 81235cbe990d7593 is offline
Junior Member

Default The Theory of Nothing

(1 of 5) Begins....

The Theory of Nothing

Though time tells all to all, a deception here and now is any betrayal of the facts that progresses with sails filled by truth, as a substitute for scientific advancement.

Modern Physics is lost to the commanding heights of well-funded daydreamers and their lackeys that overlook the finer details to see as far as they can from atop their giant's mountain of corpses.

There is no time like now to straighten a sinking ship. No breach too small to be plugged, nor wave too mighty to be denied, for we'll see this ship squarely to the sea's bedrock where it may be rebuilt again, better than before.

Preface

The best mysteries of the day befuddle the greatest minds of their time until one looks at them, and it, unlike any other before and asks, "Excuse me, but did you not notice this?" After which everyone claims in retreat they always suspected such as they deny the complexity of the problem in the first place. "It was hardly worth our time," they'll say of it after the facts are cast.

In resolution of such troubles, when you see a road being built into an uneconomically traversable swamp; don't stand at its end and scratch your head in wonder and imagination. Turn around, head back to the start and see if you can not figure out where everyone else went wrong, then blaze your own path in the direction you see as the road away from their quagmire, freeing others that this does not stand as the tombstone of all who followed a well-worn path blindly to its end.

Chapter 1

In the Beginning Again

If you are unfamiliar with the Double-Slit experiment, I suggest you do your own homework now, where you choose, to meet back here when you're visually familiar with the often intimidating description that follows.

A summary: This Physics experiment has met, challenged and defeated every Physicist since it first came to light back in 1803, when Thomas Young asked a simple question. "Did you see that?" And to a science now plagued by views of reality, was the fuel of a mystery born. His perplexing example of the wave theory of light, toppled one giant and over time, grew to stand above its peers as the most beautiful model for fear-based intimidation -- You can't conquer it, or anyone who claims they already have. Simple and elegant though it is...

Two slits in a plate, the slits the size of a basic electric toaster's bread holes, the plate the size of a school cafeteria's lunch tray. The bread holes or slits, sit in the center of the tray or plate. The plate mounts with holes righted vertically and never moves. Behind the plate at a distance equivalent to the width of the plate is the back wall on which we will see this experiment play out. And finally, across the room, sits a firmly mounted gun of Physics. This gun spouts forth anything needed, without further explanation, or in any contradictory way to even the strictest adherents to science, or this exact experiment.

The science of Physics is the study of solid material, the study of all things of a physical nature. The purpose of this experiment is to see how particles, or small pieces of solid material act, and to understand if their reactions change under different circumstances. Can they, or can they not be relied upon to react the same in all cases without exception? Thomas Young's double-slit experiment pursued only the nature of light, and with his resulting wave theory overthrew the sacred corpuscular model of light, advocated by Newton, who proclaimed light to have physical mass. Young's double-slit experiment has since been developed beyond his early reaches to include the relations of solid material when passing through the ideal reference point of two holes. It has gone so far as to be used to explore the contrived subject of wave-particle duality, as the failure Young's experiment conquered on this subject, Sir Isaac Newton, would have had it.

To understand this speculative theory of wave-particle duality we first randomly shoot small physical objects like this experiment's common example, a child's marble, one-third the width of the slit in our plate, through which, we shoot, one round marble after another from our machine-gun of physics and see this action form a similarly slit-shaped pattern of marble impact dents on the back wall. Markings appear on that wall behind the plate resembling the slit in the plate they passed through as some marbles fired at our experiment bounce clear off the plate, failing to pass through the slit, while those that do pass through form a familiar looking slit-shaped pattern of impact marks on the wall beyond.

Next the same firing of marbles, but this time the plate features not one slit or hole through it, but has a second identical hole of the same size and shape in the center of the plate, one solid slit's span away from the first hole, from which, we expect, and after firing marbles at for a while, to see, two markings of marble impacts on the new wall behind the plate. Both marks appear as the marbles that pass through the plate impact the wall, creating two patterns of impacts resembling the slits they passed through, just as they should. This shows how physical matter is expected to react, the same in all situations, just like we see in daily life. For here, with one slit or two we see impact groupings of one or two appear as a result of the plate's holes governing of our imperfect spray of marbles' journey toward the wall.

Stage two of this experiment involves a wave, what we call a transfer of energy, whether with waves through water, or wind through air, the energy moves through its medium in a direction, at a velocity, with a frequency forming an area of higher pressure than otherwise noted within that medium of travel. Here we use a wave, like that created from dropping a marble into a calm pool of water. This wave of high-pressure, a wave of water like any to push ashore on any beach, hits the plate of our experiment and what passes through the single slit in our plate forms a wider pattern, than the single slit experiment the marbles formed in our first example, as the balance of the wave not reflected harmlessly by impacting the plate itself, radiates through the plate's opening outward, passing through the slit, with most of its intensity impacting within the single similar, centered region of the wall. Just as the single slit marbles' pattern appeared, but not as distinct, tapering more widely as water waves commonly disperse.

Next, a new wave hits our double-slit plate and something different from the last wave through one slit happens, when the top of one wave that has passed through one of the now two holes, in our plate, hits the bottom of the other half of the same wave spreading out through the second of our two slits. As each wave passes beyond their slit, they now take on an energy leveling priority of their own and independently radiate outward in all directions as a result of the high-pressure energy wave dispersing itself, as energy through a medium or in this case water waves do. The two waves radiating outward interfere with each other as the high-pressure, or top of one wave, meets the low-pressure, or bottom between waves. Like dropping two marbles into a calm pool of water, the two sets of waves created, compete for territory, combining and canceling or interfering with each other's effect, creating chop waves where two combine to form extra low or extra high waves.

The high wave impacts on our back wall stand as the reference points of what are known as an interference pattern. Where the two tops of the interfering waves meet in their expanding pattern, as they do in an evenly marked, distinct pattern of places on our wall, they reach the wall with the highest intensity and where they cancel each other out, where one wave crest fills in a neighboring wave's trough; there is a low impact point. This rhythmically notched radiation is called an interference pattern. Imagine typing one character then a space on a computer screen, again and again for the length of a single line. This is what we are seeing on our wall. This is the interference pattern. It looks roughly like marbles were shot through nine slits.

So in summary, when we shoot physical matter, marbles, through two slits we get two groups of impact points closely resembling the size and shape of the two slits that governed their path beyond the plate. And when we flow energy through a medium such as water through those same two slits, whose high-pressure is split into two competing waves by those slits, we get nine groups of high-pressure impact points on our wall, resembling something that looks like we shot marbles through nine slits. But here caused by the wave's ability, once split into two competing waves to interfere with each other beyond the plate, whose chop waves once combined, create a pattern based on their own interference rather than the governing of the plate they passed through. There is no surprise this far. None of this is in dispute. The bulk of the scientific community, and I, all agree at this point.

This half of the experiment is known as the base of reference, or proof, with which fact can be agreed upon, or conversely, the unexplained can be debated. The second half of this experiment is theory; people taking their best guesses to explain what is happening because there is no proven consensus. We all speak in theory beyond this point where there are no facts, just opinion derived truth.

Chapter 2

The Middle of Understanding

(1 of 5) Complete. Continued below....