Old August 15th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
GS

Default Astronomy event at the University of Salford - Saturday 1st September 2007

Hi,

Salford Astronomical Society (SAS) is commemorating its 40th
anniversary in an all-day event on Saturday 1st September.

If you are in the vicinity - join us.

We are particularly interested to hear from former SAS members. If you
were one, drop me an email. If you know of someone who may have been -
please forward. Details on a one page MSword flyer downloadable from
http://www.salfordastro.org.uk/. We have a variety of events
summarised below.

09:00 - Open for Traders
09:45 - Doors Open
10:00 - Welcome
10:15 - Cosmic Casualty Farce & Fortuity in the Exploration of Space
Doug Ellison - http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/
11:15 - From Sputnik to e-MERLIN: 50 years of the Lovell Telescope Dr
Tim O'Brien - Jodrell Bank
12:15 - Lunch break
14:15 - Images of the Universe Paul Money - http://www.astrospace.co.uk
15:15 - Raffle Draw - Councillor Valerie May Burgoyne Mayor of
Salford
15:30 - Richard Anthony Proctor: Astronomy's First International Star
Dr Allan Chapman - Wadham College Oxford
17:30 - Finish
18:00 - Close

Thanks

Gurbir