Old February 24th 08, 10:08 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Default Great missions STS-122 & Expedition 16

On Feb 24, 8:05 am, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:27 am, BradGuth wrote:" Oddly, NASA/
Apollo moon was extensively 0.65~0.75 albedo reflective, because
those moon suits were worth an albedo of 0.85, and everything getting
xenon lamp spectrum illuminated to boot, because there's nothing
bluish about our NASA/Apollo unfiltered Kodak moments, and strangely
Venus is never anywhere in sight. Why are you so unable or unwilling
to deal with the truth of whatever's off-world? There's so much more
to space than mere eye candy. There's actual
science that's easily peer replicated, of photographic science telling
us about the given geology and mineralogy of places and of interesting
things other than Earth."

Laughing, you just posted the same old trash, but in a slightly
repackaged form, but the problem is you have not shown any reduction
of you idiocy, or ignorance. In order for you to analyze the images
like you have, you need to not just know film type and speed, but the
lens used, and the f/stop, and resulting exposure time all of which
determine how white an astronauts space suit is compared to the back
round, midtones etc. Once again regurgitating numbers from what
"should have been" seen does not address the image itself, and so you
keep looking for things, but you clearly do not have an understanding
of what you are looking at, or how the image was produced. Now the
same principles that I have stated apply to the analysis of all
images, so your diatribes into what im not addressing are a joke, and
your demands for me to answer your loaded questions are an even bigger
joke, thanks for the Sunday morning laugh brad.... And no im not
"unwilling to deal with the truth of whatever's off-world" as you just
stated, but I do love to learn about earth, including from the unique
view the astronauts have aboard the ISS.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...-16/html/iss01...
International Space Station Imagery
"ISS016-E-008436 (26 Oct. 2007) --- Beirut Metropolitan Area, Lebanon
is featured in this image photographed by an Expedition 16 crewmember
on the International Space Station. The capital of Lebanon, Beirut is
located along the southeastern shoreline of the Mediterranean Sea.
According to geologists, the metropolitan area is built on a small
peninsula composed mainly of sedimentary rock deposited over the past
100 million years or so. The growth of the city eastwards is bounded
by foothills of the more mountainous interior of Lebanon (sparsely
settled greenish brown region visible at upper right). While this
sedimentary platform is stable, the country of Lebanon is located
along a major transform fault zone, or region where the African and
Arabian tectonic plates are moving laterally in relation to (and
against) each other. This active tectonism creates an earthquake
hazard for the country. The Roum Fault, one of the fault strands that
is part of the transform boundary, is located directly to the south of
the Beirut metropolitan area. Other distinctive features visible in
this image include the Rafic Hariri Airport at lower right, the city
sports arena at center, and several areas of green and open space
(such a large golf course at center). Also visible in the image are
several plumes of sediment along the coastline -- the most striking of
which are located near the airport. The general lack of vegetation in
the airport may promote higher degrees of soil transport by surface
water runoff or wind."

If that's what makes our Earth-only mindset puppet-masters like
yourself happy campers, then so be it. No wonder we're headed for
WWIII, $10/gallon and $1/kwhr just as fast as you folks and fellow
rusemasters of the Old Testament thumping kind can manage.

Keep pretending that all off-world matters simply do not matter, as
well as naysaying as to the ongoing demise of our frail environment at
the same time. After all, it's what your God(s) would appreciate more
than anything else.

BTW, did you go to your pretend atheists sunday school, and teach
those unfortunate kids how to lie their infomercial spewing little
butts off, by way of avoiding the truth via excluding science or
banishing related evidence that could otherwise rock your mainstream
status quo boat?
.. - Brad Guth