View Single Post
Old April 26th 16, 08:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Sunny with a few gathering clouds and calm here in Gresham. Currently 55F as of 12:30 PM PDT.

Over at the MHCC campus near where I'm living now, there is a domed basketball court on the south side of the campus. I watched them build it back in the summer of 1968 when I had a student night watchman job. Those roofers would show up at the crack of dawn! Out front there is now a rock with a commemorative plaque memorializing Dr. Earl L. Klapstein, who was the community college's first president. The adjacent stadium there has also been named after him. One time, in a social setting, he made some insensitive remark about my hair style. Then he asked if I liked his sideburns? He had big mutton chop sideburns. What could I say? One of my responsibilities at the time was to check all the doors around campus to see if they were locked. Therefore I new that the presidents office trailer had not been locked. (Everything there was still in trailers at that time.) A friend of mine came by with a case of beer. We were both only 19 at the time, so that was a big deal! We went to check out president Klapstein's office trailer! He even had a shower in there! We sat in his office, at his desk, and drank our brews! We fantasized that we were sitting there shooting the **** with the college president! Oh, those good old days of college fun! We thought they would never end!

Double-A