Old September 1st 03, 08:00 PM
George Dishman

Default Gravitation and Maxwell's Electrodynamics, BOUNDARY CONDITIONS

"Aleksandr Timofeev" wrote in message om...

Dear George:

Look at Subject:
"Gravitation and Maxwell's Electrodynamics, BOUNDARY CONDITIONS"

No Aleksandr, look at sean's original posts to which I was replying:

(sean) wrote in message . com...
Hi
I have already given a mathematiucal description of how waves can
produce the photoelectric effect but I am puzzled why you dont believe
resonace cant. Isnt resonance always described as a wave function or
as a overlapping of waves ?

So the context was 'could resonance explain the photoelectric
effect' regardless of the subject line. I'll leave that to Sean.

"sean" wrote in message om...

Refarding the resonance point I just did a google search on
`resonance` and the few things I found were all describing resonace as
a function of waves overlapping. thats why I couldnt understand dlzs
claim that resonance couldnt be described as waves

A standing wave pattern in a cavity can certainly be described
as a resonant system, but that is not the only way to produce
resonance. Without getting into esoteric QM considerations, you
cannot descibe a pendulum as "a function of waves overlapping".

Please point an odds between "resonance" of standing light
waves between two mirrors (distributed-parameter system) and
"resonance" in an oscillatory circuit consisting from of
" concentrated parameters " from a physical point of view.

I don't think that would help Sean understand the idea of
resonance without waves which was the only purpose of my post.

George