Old May 25th 07, 12:17 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
Jonathan

Default ....Burt Rutan RIPS the "Vision" in recent speech... 05-06-07

"Rick Jones" wrote in message
In sci.space.history surfduke wrote:
(But His ideas are now more progressive than Apollo II/CEV).

Not wanting to imply that any one thing is progressive or any other is
not I will still ask, can one really make comparisons of
"progressiveness" when one work has been sub-orbital and the other is
targetting orbital? The requirements of the two are rather different.

And the future effects of the two are also quite different.
The sub-orbital start ups are trying to find a market
in space travel. And Rutan is clear in claiming that
only through commericial projects will space become
well-traveled. NASA chose a project that gives all the
big funds to a few large contractors, and nothing
to spur any market activity.

Building the space infrastructure needed to truly
exploit and colonize space will only come
from the private sector, from the ground up.

Another massive safari to the moon leaves
us nothing lasting, nothing is jump-started
as in the US air-mail jump-starting commercial
aviation.

We are doing the exact opposite of what we should
be doing to build a future in space. And we're
doing it backwards just to line Lockheed's pocket.

rick jones