Old October 10th 03, 02:35 AM
Stuf4

Default Microgravity parable

From stmx3:
snip
http://spacelink.nasa.gov/Instructio...ce/.index.html
Note - this is a NASA educational website.
(If you can't reconstruct the link, try http://tinyurl.com/qbv6 )

"*Microgravity* literally means very little *gravity*. Another way to
think of 'micro-' is in measurement systems, such as the metric system,
where micro- means one part in a million or 1 x 10^-6 g. Scientists do
not use the term microgravity to accurately represent millionths of 1 g.
The microgravity environment, expressed by the symbol mu-g, is defined
as an environment where some of the effects of gravity are reduced
compared to what we experience at Earth's surface."

I could go on. Google gave me 340,000 returns on "microgravity". But,
it doesn't matter because you choose to look through filtered glasses
where you see only what you want to see.

Some of the articles above explicitly acknowledge that "microgravity"
doesn't mean there's no gravity in a freefall. That is what *you* think
it means.

....and the view I hold is in agreement with a quote that you yourself
provided:

"*Microgravity* literally means very little *gravity*."

You are free to continue to subscribe to the belief that the
known is the prison of past conditioning and that you achieve the wisdom
of uncertainty by stepping into the unknown and join the dance of the
universe. But you're dancing alone and in some other universe.

Your opinion in this matter is irrelevant.

~ CT