Old October 9th 03, 08:26 AM
Rand Simberg

Default Microgravity parable

On 8 Oct 2003 23:31:58 -0700, in a place far, far away,
(Stuf4) made the phosphor on my

Well, if one wants to get pedantic, gravity is a quantitative
mathematical model invented by Newton to explain why apples fall from
trees and planets orbit suns.

Please note that we have been discussing gravity and acceleration as
actual physical phenomena, not just math models.

No, we've been discussing math models of physical phenomena.

In any event, the effect of it is an acceleration, something that
Stuffy seems to want to deny, or at least obfuscate.

I've seen no disagreement to the fact that gravity causes
acceleration.

The main point of focus has been that the concept of gravity is
distinct from the concept of acceleration. While the force of gravity
causes acceleration, many accelerations are not caused by the force of
gravity.

Which is irrelevant to your lunatic theory that space engineers and
scientists don't understand the theory.

interglobal space lines * 307 733-1715 (Fax)
http://www.interglobal.org