Old March 15th 16, 10:28 PM posted to sci.skeptic,sci.space.policy,sci.astro,alt.alien.research,alt.alien.visitors
Bob Officer[_2_]

Default The face on Mars

Michael Moroney wrote:
Bob Officer writes:

Jeff Findley wrote:
In article l-
september.org, says...

Last night I heard an interview with Richard Hoagland in which he said
that the face on Mars could not be a trick of light and shadow since
it turned up in two images taken 30 hours apart.

Hogland is wrong. There are other pictures, from orbit, which show no
"face". Humans are "hard wired" to see faces in things.

Yes.

There is or was a we site at one time dedicated to to the effect of
humanity need to identify the unknown by building comparisons to the known.

Science even has a name for this well known effect: Pareidolia

Definitely. Check out this old photograph:

http://www.yoism.org/images/JesusHead.jpg.

What do you see first? Now look carefully at what it really is a
photo of.

A family of four.

I used to restore old photos, so I developed a good eye to see what was
there.

I also used to take multiple shots and printed them out on different grades
of paper. You would be surprise what sort of details on could find. I
discovered an address which allowed the photos owner to Id a house.

--
Yep it is me, and Carole believes adding 2+2 can sometimes equal 3 or 5,
and getting wrong answers means you are thinking outside the box.