Old March 11th 08, 04:10 PM posted to sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

Default Is the space station a dead end project?

"Jeff Findley" wrote:

I would not expect the Russians to abandon ISS because the ability to fly
long duration manned missions carries a lot of status, and because the
station is a remarkable machine.

The Russians will keep flying because they keep getting paid for Soyuz
seats. Even if all the other international partners abandoned ISS, I'm sure
the Russians would keep flying tourists there.

Not for very long - as the Russians can't afford to keep it supplied,
tourists won't keep them in the black.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.