Old June 28th 05, 11:42 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:48:12 +0000, nytecam
wrote:

Pete Lawrence Wrote:
I'm sure that bird *is* stuffed - it never seems to move!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/20050627/2005-06-27.html

No sign of Saturn in the horizon hugging murk.

Nice Pete - no Saturn from sea-horizon-less Surrey but fair view
between the neighbours houses posted at
http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/conjunct.htm [plug/plug]!

Nice - reminds me of my first flat strangely enough. In particular
the end of the gutters in silhouette looked like pigs in profile.
You've got two there arguing about which is going to snuffle those
tasty planets ;-)

Think those
pics that do show Saturn have be Photoshop tweaked but we'd never do
that would we Pete!

The UK seemed pretty poor for Saturn spotting last night. The horizon
murk was thick and unforgiving. I measured where Saturn should have
been on my images but it just wasn't picked up. Although I'm happy to
tweak contrast/brightness/levels etc. - there was nothing there to
bring out!

BTW - saw choppers out from Portsmouth do from Littlehampton beach
yesterday afternoon - did wave but you didn't respond:-}

Yes I did!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk