Old October 16th 03, 07:17 PM

Default ATM question: Dob tube using laminate

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:49:22 GMT,
(Victor Bruhn) wrote:

I'm thinking about building a new tube for my homebuilt 8" Dob this
winter. Earlier this year I saw a web page on the Black Knight
Telescopes site that had some tips for building a tube using Sonotube
with laminate wrapped around the exterior for added stiffness.
Unfortunately this particular web site is no longer in existence.

Does anyone else know where I might find information on using such a
technique to build a tube?

Thanks.

-Victor Bruhn

Hi Victor,

You could probably use Monokote (RC plane covering). There is every
conceivable color and its very strong.. It is ironed on in most cases
and then heat shrunk with a blow dryer. Luck,