Old December 1st 08, 11:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
BradGuth

Default Best Lunar Photograph I Have Ever Seen

On Nov 30, 11:23 pm, Davoud wrote:
My friend Alan Friedman, who works from his home in downtown Buffalo,
NY, has outdone himself, I think.

Please see
http://www.avertedimagination.com/img_pages/kleine_Ina.html and
http://www.avertedimagination.com/img_pages/kleine_Ina_vertical.html.

These are the same image, the former in landscape orientation, and the
latter in traditional north-up orientation.

In my eye this photo stands alongside the Hubble Ultra Deep Field as
the most awe-inspiring astrophoto I have seen.

Note to Chris: Don't try this at home. The computers that Alan uses,
from 'scope to final image, aren't available in Colorado, anyway :-]

Davoud

--
Sell GM for scrap metal. The country will recover and be better in the long run
without an anti-technology lobby to drag us down.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Same equipment catching Jupiter, Saturn and especially Venus along
with our physically dark Selene/moon should be impressive, especially
if given 4+ bandpass filters and thus 4+ stacked images for the
natural mineral color/hue saturation.

~ BG