Old May 24th 07, 11:02 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.space.policy,sci.astro
rhw007

Default UFOs cannot be extrarerrestrial - SET is a waste of money

On May 24, 11:21 am, Ian Parker wrote:
A website I recently looked up asked you to vote on what UFOs were.
53% said that they were extraterrestrial spacecraft. This posting is
meant to disabuse anyone of this notion.

My arguments do not rest on whether of not we are alone, with the
Drake equation or anything else of this type. No the argument against
ET is technological.

---

As Nuclear Physicist Stanton Freidman is often pointing out that early
'mainstream' calculations for sending a rocket to the moon made the
weight impossible and would collapse before the engines could be lit.
We got there because we did things DIFFERENTLY. Same with Faster Than
Light travel. Neutrinos are a 'mainstream' FTL phenomenon. Who is to
say that there is not SOME ETI civilization out there that has figured
out a way to duplicate that phenomenon with matter? Worm hole travel
is also proposed by Stephen Hawking and other prominent physicists.
Just because we CURRENTLY cannot fathom even HOW such could be done
does not mean that it is impossible. A little more than a hundred
years ago it would have been 'impossible' for humans to even fly in
Earth's air.

As for the landing on the White House lawn scenario...how about flying
OVER the White Hoouse and ALL of Washington DC? This happened in 1952
for several weeks with military chase planes, miltary pilot sightings
and flight and ground radar with speeds in excesive of thousands of
miles per hour. I would suggest before making complete exclusions of
an idea that one look SERIOUSLY at ALL the collected data. As a
beginning point attending something below would help people realize
that SOME UFOs may REALLY be Flying Saucers:

Paradigm Research Group

PRG Update - May 20, 2007
X-Conference 2007 & 2008

Washington, DC - Paradigm Research Group is pleased to announce
the dates for the next two X-Conferences: September 14-16,
2007 and April 18-20, 2008 at the Hilton Hotel, Gaithersburg,
MD. Speakers and schedule will be developed and placed at:
www.x-conference.com.

The generous contributions from a number of PRG supporters
allowed PRG to clear all outstanding balances from the first
two events. The final tally for all speaker fees for both
events came to $51,000 - likely the largest honoraria payout
for this genre ever.

While the business model which resulted in past financial
losses will not be repeated again, PRG has no regrets over
the outcome. It is the researchers and activists working for
nearly six decades who have made possible the exopolitical
movement toward resolution of the ET truth embargo. They
proved the core premise and deserve all the support and
acknowledgement possible.

The next two X-Conferences have been scheduled during the
heart of the presidential campaign. As in 2004 they will
be designed to impact the election process and the candidates
seeking the highest office in the land.

PRG sincerely hopes X-Conference 2007--The Insiders I and
X-Conference 2008--The Insiders II will be unprecedented, and
invitations to attend - and speak - will go out to all members
of Congress and presidential candidates. The political press
in Washington, DC will be heavily lobbied to cover the event.

In 2004 750 attendees, speakers, VIPs and media came to the
X-Conference. If that number can be repeated, it will have
an impact. By attending you will be making a statement that
you want the government's attention.

****** Important Notice*****

Regardless of when you think you might sign up for the
conferences, it is extremely helpful to PRG if you book your
hotel rooms immediately for both events. This makes it
much easier to maintain the hotel room block and ensure as
many as possible can stay at the conference hotel. [There is
no risk as you can cancel your room reservation at any time.]

The Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg recently underwent $7 million
in new renovations. Rooms are going as high as $249/night.
PRG has a special conference rate of $89/night - single or
double!! This rate applies to the dates: September 10-19,
2007 and April 16-23, 2008. You can discount an extended
stay in the Washington, DC area during the best weather of the year.

Call 301-977-8900 to reserve your rooms now for the next two
X-Conferences.

Note: if you do not need two beds, please ask for a single-bed
room. This will leave as many double-bed rooms as possible for
those sharing rooms with friends.

Paradigm Research Group
4938 Hampden Lane, #161
Bethesda, MD 20814
201-215-8344

www.paradigmresearchgroup.org

---------

I doubt I will be able to attend either at this time as I did in
2004...but who knows as time moves forward.

Bob...
http://www.commonsensecentral.blogspot.com/

btw: I sent the following to the Planetary Society and to AU HiRise
team about their articles and 'find' of Martian Caves:

Your article on the 'caves' of Mars sets out that these 'caves' are
the ONLY 'holes' on Mars when one cannot see the bottom. I beg to
differ.

http://www.commonsensecentral.blogspot.com/

In Cydonia is a pyramid with a hole that is slanted against it's side,
there is vapor coming out of it in all three MGS MOC images, the
THEMIS IR data shows that the hole and the surrounding pyramid is
several hundreds degrees Kelvin higher than the surrounding
terrain...AND...you CANNOT see the bottom of this 'hole' even with the
sun directly overhead and shinning down into it. I have proposed that
HiRise take a FULL spectrum acquisition of data concerning this
'Smoking Pyramid'...unfortuantely they have either yet to do so...or
having done so have NOT released the data to the public. But there IS
another 'bottom-less hole' that is NOT an entrance to martian
caves...we've only to image this one in Cydonia to see one.

Bob...
http://commonsensecentral.blogspot.com/
Robert H. Williams