Old March 30th 04, 08:55 PM
AJ Sutters

Default Hoagland debunked, Creationism stomped, we're on a roll!

Believe what you want. Defend what you want. I didn't start the thread,
but I sure as hell am not going to stand by when an insulting post like the
above appears without me saying something. If these "hellraisers" don't
expect a response, they shouldn't be posting an off-topic post in an
astronomy group.

As you said, end of discussion.

AJ

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
AJ Sutters wrote:
Is there actually concrete proof of something showing evolution?

Absolutely, if you accept the definition of "proof" as being
overwhelming evidence with the same degree of certainty as, say, the
earth being round rather than flat. Just because science don't use the
word "proof" or other absolutes does not imply it is faith based.
That's just a lie. Science is evidence based.

Bottom line, there is as much "theory" involved in the concept of

evolution
as there is in Creation.

Another lie. Evolution is as much an observation as it is a scientific
theory (the word in the scientific use does *not* mean "speculation" as
you are incorrectly assuming). There is a huge body of observational
and experimental evidence to support evolution. Just because you
*choose* to remain ignorant of it does not mean it doesn't exist! There
is not one shred of objective evidence to support creationism. While
that may not invalidate creationism, it makes equating the two, as you
did, pure silliness. To do so is little more than a delusion or an
untimely meaningless tactic employed to keep one from losing face by
losing a debate.

There is no contradiction between science and Christianity any more than
there was a contradiction between science in Galileo's day and
Christianity then: the only contradiction is in the minds of a few
people who have backed themselves into a corner with their own very
narrow *interpretation* of the bible. All one had to do is look through
Galileo's telescope to see the truth then. You can't win this battle
any more than the church could against Galileo; the truth is clear and
obvious to all those who are willing to simply open their eyes and look.
Those who refuse to look, as some refused to look through Galileo's
scope, are not doing themselves any favors and at best they are forcing
a very dangerous political choice between a rational based society and a
return to the dark ages.

I will say no further on the subject.

--
Greg Crinklaw