Old October 15th 18, 07:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 19:27:28 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:
On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 3:37:47 PM UTC-6, Gary Harnagel

wrote:

Do I have to repeat my thesis AGAIN? That the possibility of an

ancient ET
civilization having godlike powers may quite probably exist

should cast
doubt in any honest mind that atheism is a viable position.

And I find that position bizarre and untenable. It might cast doubt

in any honest
mind that the sort-of theism with these aliens replacing God is

unviable, but it
doesn't make atheism unviable, since even if the aliens exist,

there's no reason
to think it particularly likely that they're interfering with us.

Expecting such an extraterrestrial civilization to frequently visit
the Earth would be like expecting the pope, Madonna, and other world
celebrities to frequently visit the block where you live.