Old December 3rd 17, 03:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default 'Oumuamua

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 22:49:44 -0500, Mike_Duffy
wrote:

But what I really want to know is whether or not anyone else feels that the
orbit as a whole is sort of suspicious. By that I mean that it made an
acute course change. If one wanted to perform such a course change, the
approach must be made extrememly accurately.

There was nothing special about the orbit. It was purely ballistic,
doing what any object passing near the Sun would do. Indeed, dozens of
comets do exactly this every year, while traveling only a little
slower than the interstellar object was moving.