Old March 5th 07, 03:42 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default The 100/10/1 Rule.

Alan Jones wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 08:29:52 -0800, "Frogwatch"
wrote:

On Mar 4, 11:28 am, "Frogwatch" wrote:
On Mar 2, 4:42 pm, kT wrote:

I've been simulating single stage to orbit (SSTO) launch to low earth
orbit (LEO) in orbiter space flight simulator for a little while now.
In order to increase this payload, the obvious solution is converting
the rocket itself into payload.

BTW, why ssto, wouldnt tsto give better payload ratio?

Certainly, but kT is playing some sort of game with SSTO.

It's not a game, it's a fully qualified space simulator.

SSTO itself is just an engineering challenge, not the most economical
way to achieve orbit. Most SSTO studies postulate a fully reusable
vehicle to achieve some level of economy, but the margins, payload
performance, and real costs just are not competitive. kT's
cannibalistic SSTO vehicle seems pointless.

I'm not cannibalizing anything, I'm designing it all in from scratch.

Everything is used as is. At the most, it will require a space suit to
get into the hydrogen tank to seal the ports. All the the pressurization
hardware can be used as is. If anything, I'll be adding hardware to it.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html