Old October 25th 06, 08:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar
Hagar[_1_]

Default Concept of Gravity

"west" wrote in message
I use to think that heavenly bodies were like magnets that attract each
other. That was my concept of gravity. Now I realize that gravity is more
of
a space-time continuum. Problem is that I barely grasp this concept and
was
wondering if there was an illustration somewhere that would help? Perhaps
this can be found in a text book or online? Homer Simpson's skit was great
but I need something more serious and comprehensive. All comments are
appreciated. Thanks.

That last comment opened up Pandora's box ... just wait until BeeertBrain
chimes in with the explanation to any and all questions you ever had and may
have on any subject under the sun. He is a veritable outhouse of
misinformation.