Old March 26th 04, 02:54 PM
Bill Sheppard

Hey Night
Don't write off ol' Dr. Jai just yet. He's drawing from the
ancient Vedic (pre-Hindu) mythologies which had some pretty high level
intuition behind them. The 'eternal return' format is implied in the
'Life and Death of Brahma' (later amended to the 'In-breath and
out-breath of Brahma') which corresponds to the modern Big Bang/ Big
Crunch concept. Each cycle is marked by a period known as a 'Kalpa',
overseen by the gods Brahma (the creator) and Shiva (the destroyer). At
present, we would be somewhere in the expansion phase of our great
'Kalpa'.
Beyond this cyclic level of 'Kalpas' is the overarching
domain of Vishnu (the Sustainer) which would correspond to the CBB
(continuous BB) or the freon cycle in Zinni's fridge.
These two referance frames comprize the Vedic trinity of
Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva.
Also those ancient dudes fully understood the material
universe as a secondary phenomenon, which they called maya or
'illusion', which corresponds to Wolter's tagalong 'dustbunny'. They
would get quite a chuckle out of the modern void-space paradigm(VSP).
oc