Old February 20th 14, 09:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default seeking HW + SW system to do pixel processing algorithm dev

On Monday, February 17, 2014 6:48:43 PM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 06:16:59 -0800 (PST), haiticare2011 -at -

wrote:

I am looking for this, and here are some comments I made in another group about the arduino camera, to give you the flavor of the search:

I've never played much with the Arduino. But I'm running meteor

detection software on a Raspberry Pi. Still experimenting, but code

written in Python (a language that kind of sucks, but is quick to get

running on a RPi... eventually I'll switch to C) can read frames off a

720x480 USB camera at 30 fps, do meteor detection, save event frames,

and upload raw measurements and frame stacks to a network server. This

using standard open source video capture libraries and video

processing libraries.

This is just possible with the latest RPi. I think it's probably

beyond the processing power of any Arduino model, but maybe not.

Nice. I am agnostic about which platform to put the code on - I'd like to correspond with you to see if I could get something going along your lines - I could get a C compiler going, for instanc. My email haiticare2011 at gmail dot com -