Old July 15th 03, 01:48 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Alternate US control module?

(EHylant) wrote in
:

Hi folks. I've been looking at the evolution of the space station
project and I thought I would avail myself of the expertise found
here. I've been wondering-- if the US had undertaken ISS without the
Russians (presumably at a 28.5 degree orbit and following the current
design absent Russian modules), what might have replaced the FGB as
control module? I assume either Bus-1 or ICM would be candidates yet,
AFAIK, neither could provide power or thermal control to early
components (e.g. Node 1). Any thoughts? -----------------------

Bus-1, at least in Option A. Power would have been taken care of by
building the station truss-first, with the nodes and labs coming later, as
envisioned in the SSF assembly sequences.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.