Old July 23rd 17, 03:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Ross 128

On 7/18/2017 7:21 PM, Alain Fournier wrote:

I have seen from multiple source that the Arecibo radio telescope has
detected a "weird signal" from the Ross 128 star last April and May.
What I can't find is hard data about what makes the signal weird. Does
anyone have data about the signal. Things like the frequency, duration
power...

Alain Fournier

FWIW and IIRC I remember reading that Ross 128 is following an unusual
trajectory through the Milky Way, very much different from most of the
stars it shares its spiral arm with, including our Sun.

But apparently its position relative to Earth is also a bit problematic
for radio astronomy:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...D=ansmsnnews11

Dave