View Single Post
Old March 4th 18, 10:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher
external usenet poster

Default Polar astronomy

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 8:29:08 PM UTC, Anders Eklöf wrote:

You miss my point:
We all know the fact you are trying to explain, but your explainations
don't help at all. In fact they are utterly confusing.
This should NOT give you any satisfaction at all.

--

The thing about this is once you see how to split the Earth's polar day/night cycle apart from the 24 hour day/night cycle by rotational cause, you are into an entirely different and new set of astronomical principles.

To a certain extent it doesn't matter if one other person or nobody else presently comprehends the basic principles so "we all know the fact" is meaningless to me, what matters is that astronomers recognize that the North/South polar latitudes offers an opportunity like nowhere else on the planet to re-energize terrestrial sciences.

So, the Equinox is a unique day where there are two distinct types of sunrises and sunsets as the Sun comes into view for the first time in 6 months at the North pole while the Sun will set at the South pole and due to a surface rotation separate to daily rotation.

All things come in season including the explanation you find utterly confusing so even though I may feel the time is right to research or present the topic properly, the time may not be right for those who currently call themselves astronomers. To all intents and purposes my work is done and I am left to enjoy the change in seasons as dormant nature springs to life once more and all due to the motions of the Earth, it gives me satisfaction to consider the seasons as a result of two surface rotations acting in combination so I don't have to strain myself with a 'tilting' Earth anymore but that is about it.