Old September 17th 15, 05:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default How many degrees in their orbit do the planets travel in oneEarth year?

I would have thought that people capable of joy and awe would have grown older with the appreciation that the individual participates in the larger Life of the Universe . We all inhabit a body capable of great things from kindness to innovations by the same spirit that resonates throughout nature and that is the religion of Christ and Christianity outside historical accidents or denominational failings.

You can see the hollow posturing doesn't do anything except incite reactions among others who struggle to maintain their own convictions even as the world itself has moved on and adopted wonderful astronomical perspectives such as the grandstand view of Venus -

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

It took a year and a half to produce that sequence of images but it takes a split second to enjoy the perspective and that is the way it is with a lot of 21st century astronomy.