Old July 12th 19, 08:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default SpaceX Dragon 2 capsule destroyed in abort motor ground test

wrote on Fri, 12 Jul 2019 00:05:57 -0700
(PDT):

Hi all

I don't mean to necro a dead thread but has SpaceX released any more info or commented on this incident yet. I've been off line for a couple of weeks (don't ask, you don't want to know) and my Google-Fu can't turn up anything. Certainly the SpaceX website STILL seems to have nothing about the fire / explosion.

Thanks to all. Take care and have a great day (and an awesome weekend).

I've read that multiple sources have said that the problem is NOT with
the Super Draco thrusters, so any corrections needed should be a
matter of weeks or months and not some long period of time. Other
than that, still nothing about precise cause.

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
live in the real world."