Old February 16th 17, 01:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Razzmatazz

Default An Alternative View of Global Warming

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 4:07:52 PM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 9:46:28 PM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
The Democrats should stop letting insane, violent progressives infiltrate their
party before they completely alienate the American people and give birth to a
third national party.

And here I thought it was the Republicans who have jumped the rails to such an extent as to make a third national party a real possibility.

John Savard

I don't see violent progressives in the Democratic party. Liberals (progressives) tend to want to spend money to fix societal problems of the poor and disadvantaged. Conservatives tend to not want to spend money on that, relying on the free market to take care of such things. They would rather spend lots of money on the military, which is lucrative income to large corporations in the military-industrial complex. The US is the world's largest arms supplier, larger than all the others combined. It allows them to go on foreign adventures so they can secure stuff like foreign oil for the American consumer.

Now we have Trump, and he's a real piece of work. He could have actually become the president with the highest approval rating, had he done just one thing - and that is to nominate good honest conservative people to his cabinet positions, as well as the Supreme Court. Instead, every nominee, bar none have been ultra-reactionary (can't even call them right wing conservatives, they are so far out), almost as if he wanted to re-instate the 100 year 3RD Reich here in the US! For those who don't know what a conservative is: A REAL CONSERVATIVE DOES NOT LIE, EVER!!!

Just look at his latest failed Labor Secretary pick: A man who makes more money in one day (by a factor of 2) than any of his workers make in a year! He has a history of violence against his wife, he stiffs his workers for overtime pay, he hires undocumented housekeepers and doesn't pay the Soc.Sec. taxes (which is totally illegal) and he hires foreign workers at his restaurants and pays them below minimum wage. Yeah, a real advocate for wage earners in America.

A labor secretary is supposed to look out for the working men and women, not **** on them! (oh, and I'm sure Rich finds this all just hunky dory, right Rich?). If Trump's pick had been chosen to head the small business administration, well yea, then I can see a guy like this to be a somewhat rational choice - if you think small business owners should stiff workers for overtime pay, which I find abhorrent.