Old April 26th 05, 01:09 AM
Jan Owen

While that may well be true for thee and me, newbies often have NO clue as
to what's on the up and up, and what's a troll, and may be totally misled
on their single exposure to this medium.

The problem, as I see it, is that NO one wants to be responsible for
anything anymore. They mostly just want to feed their sick egos. They
think they have the right to post anything they want, if it will stroke
their ego by getting responses. But the new folks, who honestly need help
can never tell when they are getting it, or are being taken advantage of
by a troll, or a SEE ME type, hiding behind an alias, and a fake e-mail
address. This lack of accountability is what is destroying SAA. Simple
as that. Well, certainly the dumbing down of America has helped, but the
primary problem is in the former...

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.662
Longitude: -112.3272

"Florian" wrote in message
Have you ever considered moving this forum (essentially all of the good
folks in this forum) to another location such as groups on Astromart or

some
other location where folks will have to post using their real names and

real
email addresses?

I really don't care for reading web-based forums. Also part of the fun of
usenet
is _because_ anyone can post. The signal to noise ratio varies but it's
usually
pretty easy to spot the trolls and jerks.

-Florian