Old April 26th 05, 12:56 AM

Because, along with the inane, there are nuggets of geniune, worthy
advice. No one is being forced to stay. I, myself, use my real name
and e-mail.

Francis

Mij Adyaw wrote:
I would like to respectfully ask why so many of you tolerate this

newsgroup.
It seems to be full of trolls and other types of folks that get their

jollies by antagonizing other members of the group. There are some

very
knowledgeable members of this group and I have learned much from

being a
member of this group. Year after year the problems in this newsgroup

worsen.
That is just the nature of Usenet and it will only get worse with

time.
Have you ever considered moving this forum (essentially all of the

good
folks in this forum) to another location such as groups on Astromart

or some
other location where folks will have to post using their real names

and real
email addresses? It seems that this solution would eliminate all of

the
trolls and other annoyances and we could have astronomy discussions

without
all of the flame wars. It seems that if a new home could be found,

the group
could be vacated rather quickly.

Regards,

-mij