Old July 4th 05, 01:52 AM
=The Commentator=

Art Deco wrote:

Tom Van Flandern wrote:

The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid. See http://metaresearch.org/solar%20syst...DeepImpact.asp
for background and details.

The Dirty Snowball model itself makes no specific prediction
(although individual advocates are betting on various possible
outcomes), but instead has an accommodation ready for whatever is found.
In science, this is known as "shooting an arrow into a target, then
painting a bull's eye around the arrow" [P. Lipton, Science 307:219
(2005)].

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

What do your hyperdelusional physics models predict?

Tom Van Flandern - Washington, DC - see our web site on replacement
astronomy research at http://metaresearch.org

Lovely kooksite.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

"It's less a process of "convertion" it's about the reality of matter and
energy (all 8 [!] kinds of matter) ... and yes, that's how "they do it".
We {aliens} call it phase-tuning or simply phase-ing.
And no, you will have to find it out all by yourself. And yes, we
{aliens} will make sure your technical advancement will no longer be
faster than your spiritual one ... we'd rather let you perish on this
planet. That's a promise, you monkey-fu*kers.
HTH.
C."
-- Charles D. "Chuckweasel" Bohne's award-winning alien technology

"That's what you expect from people who think that the
cyberworld isn't "RL"."
-- Dr. David Tholen, Psychic Astrologer

Hyperdelusional models predict whatever is found. Of course they only
predict after the fact....