Old July 29th 04, 06:57 PM
Graham Drabble

Default response to sci.space.moderated skeptics

On 28 Jul 2004 "steppenvalve" wrote in
:

So why haven't the moderators snipped this out? I've seen posts on
moderated fora snipped, leaving only the message, "Thread removed.
Forged Moderator Aproval." Is there only the automated aproval, or
is there a real, flesh-and-blood person here somewhere?

Are you talking abou web based boards? If so then they might have the
ability to do that. In Usenet we can't. Once a message is out there it
stays out there. We do cancel posts with a forged approval but few sites
honour cancels nowadays. We could block any followups to it reaching the
goup but what's the point? They may be on-topic and relevent.

As for real people.......
--
Graham Drabble
If you're interested in what goes on in other groups or want to find