Old November 13th 04, 09:30 PM
Roger Smith

In message , Martin
wrote
I think as an attempt at "Serious Science" its one of
the worst things I've seen, even by the pathetic standards of the BBC. The
final part sees on astronaut die from radiation sickness (in reality they'd
all have died poncing around the solar system like that) oh and there's a
fire to deal with as well. Oh and the crew debate as to continue or turn
round and go home (presumably they just decide to engage the "warp drive" to
do that then?

Why do you assume it is any more of an attempt at serious science than
sending someone through time to shoot "wildlife encounter"
documentaries? Or any other drama programme for that matter that takes
science as part of its background?

Listening to the BBC science editor on News 24 last week say that he has a
real hard time working with an office full of arts graduates who think
science is a waste of time is it any wonder the BBC turn out such garbage?

No that can be taken as an explanation as to why the BBC's science
programming is declining but should not be used as an excuse to bash
their extremely limited science fiction output.

--
Roger
52:54:41N