Old August 26th 03, 05:49 PM
Starlord

Please, Before buying anything, Please read the Telescope Buyers FAQ and then
you can use it as a guild along the pathway to buying a good telescope and not
get stuck with something you'll not use.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"FERRANTE" wrote in message
news
I've always been fascinated with space/astronomy and decided to buy a
telescope. This would be my first ever. Can someone recommend a good
one to consider? I don't have a lot of money, so I would like to stay
around $300 or lower if possible.

I have a couple of more questions:

1. I've seen pics of Meade telescopes that looks like it was made for
a tabletop or something. Size is small and has some kind of electronic
control for locating things. Are these better than the telescopes with
the long tubes (I don't know the exact name for it) that most people
associate with telescopes?

2. What is considered the best magazine for astronomy enthusiasts?

3. Optical systems: best to avoid?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark Anthony Ferrante

---