Old June 10th 17, 09:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 3:42:45 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 1:11:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
I hate to see you going to depending on a walker. Maybe at your age it's OK. But I see so many people barely over 50 who are hobbling along leaning on their walkers. It's pitiful. My grandfather used to walk a mile every day (without a walker) to get his mail until he was in his 90's. I used to be so unstable on my feet that the nurse would have to help me step down off the doctor's examining table for fear I would fall. I my body was so stiff I would have trouble putting on my pants. My hands would get numb. But now I am more spry and stable and healthy feeling than I have been in years. I credit a good diet filled with healthful foods including fruit, potatoes, vegetables, fish, natural cheese, and real butter (not the cheap hydrogenated margarine and Velveeta you get at McDonald's)and a lot of exercise from walking for my improvement. And staying away from doctors and their money making prescription drugs (they are all poison, you know). Just about every condition can be treated by controlling diet without drugs. Because you survived you fall without breaking your hip, your bones are probably still fairly strong. Just watch your step in the future and don't trip over anymore pipes.

Scattered showers here in Gresham and 60F with SW wind at 10 mph.

Double-A

AA I can walk without my walker,but the reason for walker is so I will not fall.With age I have brittle bones its call astiomosis(wrong spelling)

I have learned that magnesium is important for keeping bones from getting brittle. My ex-wife took tons of calcium, but she is still shrinking. I take a good multivitamin that has all the minerals in it. I think that's the best plan.

I still drive OK.My biggest draw back is hearing.Can't make out words,tone deaf 100% . Wether warming up and bright Sun.Hopefully I'll be at the beach.Broke up with Sandy.I miss her but I think its best.Don;t see my undertaker she can't understand why I did not take her offer to live with her.Nice house here in Anaheim,but even undertaker sounds to final. I liked her 2017 black caddy. Trebert

A black caddy to match her black caddy hearse? Works for the funeral processions. Would she have made you sleep in a coffin?

Raining here in Gresham and only 57F. Gusty wind out of the SW. People are asking, "Where did summer go?"

Not crowded here at the library today. I guess many people are downtown Portland watching the Rose Festival's Grand Floral Parade today. Hope things remain peaceful.

Double-A