Old December 28th 18, 02:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Falcon 9 Delivers Dragon Into Orbit, Flubs Landing

In article ,
says...

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message
So, even if SpaceX wants to reuse first stages, sometimes the customer
simply won't allow it (hint: GPS III satellites cost a hell of a lot
more to make than a Falcon 9 first stage).

As an aside, a friend of mine has been working on this project (on the GPS
III sat). I'm not 100% sure of her role, but she's been quite frustrated
that the delays ruined her planned Christmas week off, but she's quite happy
to see it on orbit now!

I'm sure the delays were frustrating everyone, but this was the first
"critical" DOD flight on a Falcon 9, so best to get it right.

Jeff