Old November 5th 18, 01:08 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Russia returns Soyuz rocket to flight

JF Mezei wrote on Sun, 4 Nov 2018
16:02:28 -0500:

On 2018-11-04 08:24, Jeff Findley wrote:

I swear we went over this when SpaceX lost a Falcon 9 on the pad when
the COPV let loose. It's a very similar situation. Here we go again.

Falcon 9 happened at ground in dense air with lost of availabhel ambient
Oxygen.

I was asking specifically at that altutude whether ambient air would be
sufficient to support combustion.

Already asked and answered. Pay attention.

I assume there is still sufficient wind at that altitude that fuel
leaking from core would quickly move down to below the stack ? (as well
as continued acceration of core done by core's engines before they shut).

You assume incorrectly. Essentially no air means essentially no wind.

The Russian launch program has a failed safety culture.

No.

Yes. Stop being stubbornly stupid.

-- Thomas Jefferson