Old September 18th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: And yet again a M27 in color (my very first color image!)

DvandenH wrote:
Hi all,
I know not beautifull as the one from Rick but sure a try..
Composed out of 3 images in H-Alpha, OIII and Blue...
This one is my first try with my homebuild camera to take color shots.
I must say the actual imaging is less work than the edditing afterwards.

Boy do I agree with that. I have a stack to process because they are
the more difficult ones. I do the easty ones and let the hard ones sit
for a while. Aging is good for wine, maybe its good for astro images as
well!

But i think i managed to make it look good in color.

Color is always a lot harder with narrow band filters if you are after a
realistic color. You did a good job here.

Rick

10" SCT @ f/6.3
HOmebuild CCD camera
Total exposure time 84 minutes.