Old May 21st 07, 04:28 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
Andre Lieven

Default ...Lockheed Ruins Eight 123' Coast Guard Cutters!

Borderline ) writes:
On May 20, 11:42 am, (Andre Lieven) wrote:

It shows up their knee jerk anti gov't ideology as being simple lunacy.

Andre

I am sure that you are aware since you post some really good stuff
"elsewhere" Naval wise that USNI PRoceedings has had some very very
good information on this...including for full members some interviews
with some of the USCG officers who were a part of the "fiasco".

I've heard about this, but, as we've been travelling so much the last
three years, I cancelled all of magazine subs, because I just didn't
have the time, and not a few went adrift when we were away.

It truly is a fiasco. There are problems from the government end, but
LM just really shafted the USCG...the Commandant is just about beside
himself on this.

Yeah, its pretty amazing. One might say that the USN and USCG might
suggest to their US suppliers that the USN and USCG might not be
averse to buying ships and boats from overseas.

That might put a scare up the " more efficient private businesses ".
I seem to recall that there aren't as many issues with the Japanese
AEGIS ships... Or, Spanish ones...

At the very least, heads at the firms ought to roll, and lawsuits to
recover the money made waste by said firms ought to happen.

But, with the example that the present White House sets, well, the
firms will likely say " hey, we were no worse than our clients... ".

Feh. Did anyone try to claim that US business isn't corrupt ? Well,
not so much Ed's Plumbing. But, from Halliburton on down... Feh, again.

Andre