Old December 24th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.science, rec.arts.sf.written, sci.astro
Gene Ward Smith[_1_]

Default Ray Kurzweil: Immortality within 15 years.

On Dec 24, 10:07 am, Robert Clark wrote:

Kurzweil then claimed that longevity trends are
accelerating so fast that the life expectancy will increase more than
one year for each year that passes in about 15 years.

Back in the sixties, I read an article in Analog where the author
claimed speeds attained by humans were increasing so fast that before
the end of the century we would be able to travel faster than light.
It came equipped with a graph, which extrapolated these speeds into an
asymptotic blowup. Finding the fallacies in this class of argument is
left as an exercise for the reader.