Old October 14th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Completely OT but kind of fun....

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:56:01 -0700, "Richard Crisp"
wrote:

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Richard Crisp" wrote

an honest 140,,,

At least there's no chromatic "abhoration"... maybe just a couple of
G's.

not so sure of the chromatic "abhoration": here it is in color....

Again this was taken way back when: maybe in late '99. It was before the
aero kit and the rear quarter panel airscoops were installed.....

You don't need that to do 140mph. I did 140mph in a rented Renault
Laguna.

I agree. It will go a lot faster but I wasn't willing to do that on a public
road.

The owner's manual says 173mph but I am skeptical it will make it that far.
Maybe 165 though: it clearly had a lot of "punch" left in it. It got to 140
pretty quick but I wasn't measuring that: too busy watching for cops :-)

I took the 928 to top speed once (the 6.5L stroker motor). That was an
honest gps confirmed 172mph. It sure took a long time to get that last 10
mph out of it as I recall. I do have that gauge shot somewhere but I think
it is on a SCSI drive that I need to install an adaptor in the current
machine in order to read :-(

It seemed kind of cool to have a gauge shot at a paltry 140 in the carrera
in any event.

--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs
the national grid?

Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with
solution in hand."