Old July 4th 05, 11:37 PM
Jon Leech

Andrew Gray wrote:
Heh. On a slightly more serious note, "95th percentile" gets kicked
around quite a bit here. Does anyone have numbers on what a 95th
percentile adult male is currently considered to be? The numbers I found
last time I looked seemed quite low (6'2"!), and on examination looked
like they dated back to the early sixties...

Anecdotally - I'm 6'3" and spend a lot of time at social dances, where
everyone is standing up so it's easy to compare. When looking around a room
with several hundred couples on the floor, I typically see 1-2 people my
height or above. So 95th %ile sounds about right.

ISTR that the average height in the US has actually been decreasing a
bit recently, perhaps due to immigration and overall aging of the
population.

Jon
__@/