Old January 6th 17, 12:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 2:54:31 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 2:58:47 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 1:18:15 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Calm, mostly cloudy, temp 42F as of 1:15 PM PST here in Gresham.

Nice weather to finish out 2016. But next week the cold east wind is expected to blow hard all week, blowing snow into our faces, and bringing in 2017 with a shiver! Have to stock up at the liquor store on the New Years sacraments, and enough to keep warm through the coming cold nights!

Double-A

My kids tell me no snow for thge hollidays.Always keep warm sleeping.I have been drinking more wine,Sandy I see little of. 1952 meeting Einstein was very lucky.The right time and place. it only lasted for 15 minutes. Trebert

Worse weather since this old man has gone west.Cold rainy and feels like Nov. in Boston on a bad day.Shooting pool.Eating Maine lobster at Red Lobster.I wish Walmart had cooked lobster.I eat two with MSP fries. I am making a list on do and don't for 2017.TreBert

Weather has been very cold here. Hard east wind. Temps in mid 20s. I just stayed home for a few days. Yesterday I made it out to lunch with Kim. I really bundled up good. She is surviving staying on buses as much as possible. One homeless man of 51 froze to death on Monday! Yesterday morning at 5 AM, the east wind blew very hard. They said 70 mph up by my boyhood home at Crown Point! Up to 100 mph on Mt. Hood! There were reported many power outages in the area!

When I saw the temp was up to 35F and the sun was out, and the wind had calmed a bit this afternoon, I said, "No excuse to stay home, so I came out to the library, but now they say the temp is back down to 29F and wind 13 mph as of 4:00 PM PST here in Gresham. Don't think I will stay long. The sun is low on the horizon this time of year at this latitude, ever in my eyes! But will set soon.

Double-A