Old February 1st 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: T Tarui and Hind's Variable Nebula

Larry names his sun shots. If I were to name this one I'd call it
"Warming by the Fire". The nebula sure looks as if it is being warmed
by T Tauri. I see a bump on T Tauri at the upper right. Could this be
Barnard's Nebula? I can't find any info on its position relative to T
Tauri. Just that it is about 10" in size and lost in the glow of T
Tauri. The glow in the background that ends above T Tauri is the Taurus
Molecular Complex that covers a good sized part of the constellation. I
was surprised it showed up with such a short exposure. Though my
exposures were screwy due to working around clouds. Some were just
unusable. In fact most were. I took 12 lum and 6 of each color and
this is all I could salvage. Still, I think it came out very well.

14" LX200R@f/10, Lum=5x5' RG=3x5' B=5x5' all binned 2x2, STL-11000M,
Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails